This is where we keep the Archway Learning Trust’s Schemes of Learning for Mathematics.
The scheme is planned to run smoothly from Reception through to Year 13.
There is an overview for each year group from Year 7 to Year 10; each half term is split into key lessons that need to be taught. Each lesson covers one objective. There are far fewer lessons than there actually are. This is because most lessons will actually last longer than one hour. Also, this allows for consolidation and for class teachers to respond to any misconceptions or gaps in understanding that they uncover.
The schemes of learning for Years 7 – 11:
- have number at their heart. A large proportion of time in Year 7 is spent reinforcing number to build competency. Key number skills are then fed through the rest of the scheme so that students become more and more fluent
- give teachers ideas for how to extend higher attaining students through depth rather than acceleration onto new content
- encourage students to generalise throughout each unit
- ensure students have the opportunity to stay together as they work through the schemes as a whole group
- provide plenty of opportunity to interleave reasoning and problem solving elements into the curriculum.
For any further information please contact:
Updated August 2020
Website created by Matilde Warden