A simplified overview of the Year 10 Curriculum.
Autumn 1 Trigonometry
- Use trigonometric ratios to find missing lengths and angles in triangles
- Find exact values for sin theta, cos theta and tan theta for key angles
- Use the Sine and Cosine rules to find missing lengths and angles
- Find the area of triangles using trigonometry
- Recognise and sketch trigonometric functions.
Autumn 2 Circles and Equations
- Calculate arc lengths, angles and areas of sectors
- Proof and application of Circle Theorems
- Equation of a Circle
- Finding the equation of a tangent
- Solving and forming simultaneous equations by elimination
- Solving and forming simultaneous equations by substitution
- Finding the intersection of lines and curves
Spring 1 Science Skills
- Rearranging Formula
- Work with numbers in Standard Form
- SUVAT Equations
- Solve problems involving measure such as speed, density and pressure.
- Changing Units
- Draw and interpret graphs of non-standard functions and use them in real-life problems.
- Index Laws in Context
- Approximate the gradient of a curve at a given point and the area under a graph.
- Interpret these values in real-life problems including kinematic graphs.
- Volume and Surface Area of Prisms, Cylinders, Cones and Spheres.
Spring 2 Delving into Data
- Working with averages and range
- Constructing and Interpreting Pie Charts
- Construct and Interpret Cumulative Frequency Tables and Graphs
- Construct and Interpret BoxPlots
- Construct and Interpret Histograms
- Use tables and line graphs to represent time series
Summer 1 Sequences and Graphs
- Using iterative methods to generate different types of sequences
- Finding the nth term of a Quadratic Sequence
- Solving Equations using Iterative methods
- Solving Quadratic Inequalities
- Solve Direct and Inverse Proportion Problems
- Recognise graphs showing direct and inverse proportion
- Function Notation and Composite Functions (NEW 2020)
- Inverse Functions (NEW 2020)
- Recognise and draw cubic and reciprocal functions
- Recognise and draw graphs of exponential functions
- Recognise and sketch translations and reflections of graphs
Summer 2 Further Probability and Combinatorics
- Relative Frequency
- Calculating conditional probabilities
- Understanding independent events